Me and Tamoxifen

The name of this drug is certainly familiar to many cancer sufferers, especially breast cancer. Most doctors recommend their cancer patients to take this drug considering that as said; it is effective to help overcome the risk of re-development of cancer cells - especially after the patient has undergone various therapeutic processes including after a mastectomy surgery.

About how far the average cancer patient knows the ins and outs of this drug, in Indonesia perhaps it is not as good as in developed countries where communication between doctors and patients regarding the patient's disease is much more open than here.

Not long ago, the doctor who "continued" my treatment process from RSCM Jakarta to RSHS Bandung said that my latest lab-test (general medical check-up) results indicated that there was a possibility of cancer cells developing from my uterus to my healthy mamae as part of the consequences of oral tamoxifen therapy which I took. Then she asked me to consider to follow-up medical actions that I should take after previously, with a heavy heart, having to give up my breast for a radical mastectomy. The doctor recommended that I should immediately undergo uterine removal surgery!
There is an old saying that a woman is not a real woman until she gives birth to children and feels what it is like to be a mother. Then a mastectomy and removal of the uterus - or rather the complete removal of a woman's reproductive organs - would make that woman into what?
Take another look at this article about tamoxifen, especially the comments from readers, as I mentioned earlier; know more about this drug than we do.

Hopefully friends who have not yet reached the phase of mine can benefit from it.
Hopefully!

Post a Comment

Farmacy/Medical Drug